Saturday, January 21, 2017

Decision:

I don't think I want to program anymore. The more I think about it, the less enthusiastic I am. I wanted to make things. I used ot get excited about making programs, but the way you are forced to use shitty APIs and shitty libraries and jump though dozens and dozens of hoops to accomplish even the most basic of tasks in any sort of "GUI" based system has destroyed my fucking will to keep going.

Once upon a time, apparently, there was a 'graphics.h' and libbgim (or something similar), that allowed you to pop up a window and draw shit to it simply. This is exactly what I want. It's also something that they apparently use in colleges (!?) to ween students into GUI systems and graphics shit, apparently? So, you know, of course it's broken and ancient and no one uses it and no one updates it and it requires some extra hoops that need jumping through. The usage seems easy enough. It seems like it would be a good bridge between using the console and using the full-blown Win32 API. So, you know, OF COURSE no one give a shit about it.

Honestly, tho, I've gotten to a point wher eI just don't even want to think about programming anymore. Maybe C and C++ were the mistake. Maybe I should have learned something extremely high-level like Python as a first language. I wanted to use something that would yeild some decent results for games and apps. Python has the same fucking limitations as C and C++. I want to just be able to draw shit into a fucking window and make it clickable, and get text rendered and be able to fucking program shit.

I'm thinking maybe I should just format and install DOS. It seems that when they introduced GUI-based operating systems, programmers all caught some kind of retard disease that has made them forget that the best element of C is it's elegant simplicity, so they decided that the best course of action was the bloat the ever-loving fuck out of their APIs and libraries to the point that it can take hours of digging through documentation to even fucking FIND the shit you're looking for. I just went to Microsoft's MSDN for DirectX 9 and it took me like a half hour to just find fucking code to initialize it. Every page was just a sales pitch on how great D3D is, how great it is to use the windows store, etc.

It's depressing and I hate living.

No comments:

Post a Comment